Thanks to everyone who participated in HamJam 2012 for making the event the best yet! A special thanks goes to each of our speakers for taking time out of their schedules to share their activities with us. Their presentations were excellent and thought provoking.
Thanks also to our sponsors for their support; their generosity enabled us to bring the program to you and will enable us to provide special support to deserving youth who participate in ham radio.
Congratulations to the winners of our main prizes:
Paul Hachey, KC4YRV
Harry Lesley, KK4GYS
Bob Allphin, K4UEE
Click here to see a complete list of prizes and winners.
A few photos taken at the event are on display in our HamJam Photo Album. If you took photos and would like to add them to the album, send them to Bill K4YJJ at email@example.com. We will attribute your photographs to you.
The organizing team would appreciate any feedback you have on this year's event. You may send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
See you at HamJam 2013!!
HamJam 2012 will take place on Saturday, November 10th at the Georgia Gwinnett College Student Center.
NFARL, SEDXC, and our sponsors are pleased to be able to present the event as a public service to the amateur radio community. We hope you will be able to attend and enjoy a morning of visiting with fellow hams, listening to and interacting with our speakers, and the potential to win one of our raffle prizes.
The event is open to all hams and admission is FREE thanks to the generosity of our sponsors ... and your generosity in purchasing raffle tickets.
Our three outstanding speakers provide an opportunity to hear interesting and diverse perspectives on amateur radio. This is truly an exceptional lineup of speakers. Did we mention that admission is FREE?
Gerald Youngblood K5SDR of Austin, TX. CEO and President of FlexRadio Systems, Gerald will speak on the future of amateur radio. He has been a ham since 1967 as WA5RXV, KE5OH, AC5OG, and now holds an Extra Class license as K5SDR. In April of 2003 he founded FlexRadio Systems to market the first Software Defined Radio products to the Amateur Radio market.
Stephen Galchutt, wG0AT of Monument, CO. Stephen will speak on SOTA (Summits on the Air) and his mountain top adventures. He has been a ham since the mid 50s. His main focus over the years has revolved around QRP, building his own gear, and operating outdoors. His pack goats Rooster and Peanut are his trail buddies and help carry his gear.
Doug Grant, K1DG of Windham, NH. Doug will speak on Contesting Ethics and the World Radio Team Championship (WRTC). He is an experienced contester and currently holds the USA record in the CQWW SSB and CW contests and the CQ160 Meter contest. He is a Director of Contest University at Dayton Hamvention and Chairman of the 2014 WRTC, a multi-national contest with 50 two man teams from around the world held every 4 years.
A number of wonderful prizes will be raffled to help the sponsoring organizations offset expenses and hopefully have some funds left over for their scholarship funds. Raffle tickets are available for a $5 donation (5 for $20). Click here to view the Raffle Rules.
The top three raffle prizes are:
- Kenwood TS-590S Compact High-Performance HF & 6M Transceiver with Advanced DSP. Donated to HamJam by Kenwood USA Corporation. Built to satisfy the most demanding DX'er, this high-performance HF transceiver takes Amateur Radio to the next level continuing the Kenwood tradition of operating ease and rugged reliability. .
- FlexRadio FLEX-3000™ high performance mid-range 100 watt all-band, all-mode amateur radio transceiver. Donated to HamJam by FlexRadio Systems®. This software defined radio delivers performance that rivals all other traditional analog or hybrid DSP transceivers in its price class.
- Icom ID-880H Analog/D-STAR mobile radio. Donated to HamJam by Icom America. Enter the world of Digital Radio with the Icom ID-880H. This radio comes with the HM-133 DTMF mic, OPC-1154A separation cable, mobile mounting bracket, remote head bracket, mic hanger, OPC-1132 DC power cord and spare fuses. Free CS/80/880 programming software is available from the Icom website.
- Diamond Antenna gift certificate. "Anything in the Diamond Antenna catalog up to $400." Donated to HamJam by Diamond Antenna.
- Buddipole Buddistick™ portable multi-band vertical antenna. Donated to HamJam by Buddipole. The Buddistick™ comes packaged in a compartmentalized 1000 denier cordura portfolio bag and includes 2 aluminum arms (blue or black), one standard telescopic whip, one adjustable coil, 2 coil clips, mounting kit, and a complete counterpoise system. If the recipient wants some other Buddipole product instead, Buddipole will give the prize value as a credit towards the other product.
- Yaesu FT-270R radio, 2013 Desktop Repeater Books (2), ARRL Antenna Book. Donated to HamJam by HRO.
- Begali Simplex Basic key. Donated to HamJam by Piero Begali, I2RTF.
- Vibroplex Code Warrior Junior. Donated to HamJam by Vibroplex.
- Ham Radio Deluxe Version 6.0 CDs (3). Donated to HamJam by Ham Radio Deluxe.
- Elecraft W1 Meter. Donated to HamJam by Elecraft.
- Ten-Tec 715 RF Speech Processor. Donated to HamJam by Ten-Tec.
- ARRL 2013 Handbook, 22nd Edition Antenna Book, 5th Edition Low Band DXing Book, and 7th Edition Operating Manual. Donated to HamJam by ARRL.
- CQ Magazine subscriptions, Books, and CD. Donated to HamJam by CQ Magazine.
- DX Engineering $50 gift certificate. Donated to HamJam by DX Engineering.
You do not have to be present to win one of the top three prizes.
You must be present to be awarded one of the other raffle prizes:
You may purchase raffle tickets at our ticket sales tables until the mid-morning break at the event. Tickets are no longer available on our web site.
Please talk this up -- invite your ham and non-ham friends to this unique event.
It promises to be one of the southeast ham radio highlights of the year!!!